Monday, September 7, 2009

Jones' Beach in New York


Jones Beach: Wantagh, New York

With the economy at its worst since the Great Depression, it appeared that many tourists and New York residents left their worries aside to enjoy Labor Day weekend at the beach. I was just another attendee among thousands of people that relaxed and enjoyed the cool waters Jones Beach had to offer. To my surprise, this was one of the cleanest, most organized beaches I had ever seen. The staff members knew their drill! Apparently, not even heavy amounts of traffic could break them in. They were well prepared. As for the attendants, it was all about escaping stress to have some family fun.
It's all about the setup

Part of the main key to making a day at the beach a success is always the setup. Things, such as the beach towels, umbrellas, potato salad and Fresca were essential in our trip to the beach. This picture with the green and white umbrella was our lovely spot we made. Isn't it great?! With the clouds over head and the sun at just the right angle, my 30 minute nap out here couldn't have been any better. I know my roommate definitely enjoyed hers!
Nothing like digging holes for that sand castle

Among my favorite things to watch out at the beach are children. Sure enough, I had kids, like this cute little boy, surrounding us and even throwing sand in our nice little spot to get to down to the end of whatever it was they were digging. Some even threw balls at my roommates and me while we tried to nap in the sun, oh boy, but I love them anyways.
Beautiful Sunset
Lastly, but definitely the best part was the sun setting down. Our day at the beach ended with the stunning sunset as we walked back to the car and headed back home to good old Harlem.

No comments:

Post a Comment